Stichting Melanoom (The Dutch Melanoma Foundation)
#Checkyourself campaign and social media
Reach the largest group of people possible to raise awareness for skin cancer with this message: ‘Regularly checking your skin can literally save your life.’
- Creating the campaign name #Checkjezelf
- Instigating a survey via research agency PanelWizard. This research revealed various media-worthy results
- Generating publicity in the media
- Creating content for the Facebook page and Twitter account of the Melanoma Foundation
- Daily managing the Facebook page, Twitters account and YouTube channel of Stichting Melanoom
- Boosting the reach of the campaign video via YouTube and Facebook
The launch of #Checkjezelf and the results of the survey accounted for a true free publicity offensive. Some highlights:
- Plenty of attention for the importance of checking yourself regularly and for Stichting Melanoom in both RTL Late Night and Algemeen Dagblad.
- Reports about the campaign and the research results featured on NOS Journaal and RTL Nieuws.
- Melanoma patients told their experience stories online at NOS op 3. This article was read more than 100,000 times and was the best-read story that day on the NOS app.
- And last but not least: an article on the front page (as well as on the third page) of De Telegraaf.
All publicity had a joint free publicity value of over 450,000 euros. The campaign film was also viewed 172,000 times via Facebook and generated over 143,000 views on YouTube.
A few months after the campaign RTL Nieuws came with an item about the effects of the campaign. GP’s and dermatologists had noticed an increasing amount of people dropping by for a skin check!